1. You are at the airport. Someone asks you: "Excuse me, are you Walter Thompson?"
Nice to meet you.
No, I'm not.
How are you?
2. "________ are you from?"
3. "What's Colin and Mary's address?"
"__________ address is 15, Park Avenue, Leeds."
4. "___________ three good restaurants in our town."
5. "____________ the picture postcards?" "10 p each."
How much are
How many are
How much is
Eine der folgenden Antworten auf die Frage nach der Uhrzeit ist falsch. Welche?
One of the following answers regarding questions after the time of day is wrong. Which one?
Twenty-five past one.
Twenty-five minutes past one.
Thirty-five minutes to two.
Eine der unten aufgeführten Formen passt nicht in das Gespräch. Welche?
One of the forms listed below does not match into the dialogue. Which one?
Have you got
Have they got
We have got
We haven't got
8. "What's he doing at the moment?"
"He __________________ TV."
9. "When _________________ breakfast in the morning?"
do you usually have
do you have usually
have you usually
10. He __________ home from work at five o'clock every day.
11. Peter likes jazz, but he ___________ hip hop.
12. A Rolls-Royce is __________ a Mini.
so comfortable as
more comfortable then
so comfortable like
more comfortable than
13. "I'd like ________ more wine, please."
14. "Is there ____________ sugar on our shopping list?"
15. Last year I _______ to Spain.
16. "___________ David at the weekend?"
Did you meet
You have met
Have you met
The group last met 20 years ago.
The members of the group are not as slim as they were 20 years ago.
Anthony is Australian
Anthony's wife left him after he had gone bankrupt twice.
18. "_______ a really famous person?" "No, I haven't."
Did you ever meet
Have you ever met
19. "I feel really well. I ______________ a year now."
haven't smoked a cigarette since
haven't smoked a cigarette for
didn't smoked a cigarette for
Eines der folgenden Wörter ist falsch. Welches?
One of the following words is wrong. Which one?
21. Oxford is ___________ away from London than you think.
Welche Reihe gibt die richtige Wortfolge wieder?
Which line shows the correct word order?
careful - good - terribly - fast
good - carefully - terrible - fast
good - carefully - terribly - fast
23. "Do you see those big houses over there? Well, they _______ pulled down to build the new motorway."
will have to be
had to be
24. "Will I feel better soon, Doctor?"
"Well, you _______ smoke for a few weeks, but you ________ go to bed. Just relax a bit and come and see me again in a week."
mustn't ......... needn't
don't have to ............. needn't
needn't ......... mustn't
mustn't ............. haven't to
25. I ________ to Linda on the phone when the doorbell ________.
talked .... rang
was talking .... was ringing
was talking .... rang
26. What ________ when the accident happened?
were you doing
had you done
have you done
27. "What will our town look like in the year 2050?"
"Well, I don't know, but I think ________ fewer parks and trees."
there will be
there is going to be
28. "Who was that?"
"Oh, an old friend ______."
29. "How much milk is there?"
"There's ____ milk left, three or four bottles."
a lot of
30. "I don't feel very well at the moment."
"You don't look well. If I ______ you, I'd go and see a doctor."
31. "When will we arrive in Paris?" "If we _____ now, we _______ there at 5 o'clock."
will leave ... are
would leave ... are
left ... will be
leave ... will be
32. If I _____ less on Friday, I _____ such a bad hangover on Saturday morning.
drank ... wouldn't have
had drunk ... wouldn't have
had drunk ... wouldn't have had
have drunk ... wouldn't have had
33. This time my friends drank ______ beer than at our last party.
34. "I don't really like wine."
35. "You haven't left the keys at home, _______?"
36. "Do you paint your flat yourself or ___________?"
do you have it painted
do you let it paint
have you it painted
37. When Paul came back to his car, he found he _______ given a parking ticket.
38. What subject does Casey teach?
39. What does Casey like to do in her spare time?
She works out every day.
She tries to get out of the city as often as possible.
She likes to experience both the bustling urban life as well as the outdoors.
40. What kind of man is Casey looking for?
a dark-haired man
a man who knows how to have fun
a man with the exact same hobbies
II. Freie Textproduktion / Writing assignment
Zur besseren Beurteilung Ihrer aktiven Fertigkeiten in Satzbau und Wortschatz bitten wir Sie, hier zwei kurze
Texte in Englisch (pro Text 5 bis 7 Sätze) zu produzieren.
In order to better assess your active knowledge of syntax and vocabulary, please write two short texts in English (5 to 7 sentences per text).
1. Write a few lines about your last holiday (i.e. Where did you go? What did you do? Would you recommend going there?)
2. Tell us something about your future (i.e. What plans do you have? What are your hopes and wishes?)
Hiermit stimme ich der Speicherung meiner Daten zu.