Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Update on Covid-19 / 12 May,2020
Dear students, dear interested parties,
We are happy to announce that the Federal State of Berlin officially decided on 7 May that we are now allowed to open our school again. Indeed, we could not be happier!
From 2 June onward, the German Intensive Courses and German Evening Courses at all levels will be held either in our classrooms or as optional online German courses. Please check out our website to register for either classroom courses or online courses. We look forward to having you!
All German examinations - Europa-Zertifikat at levels B1, B2 and C1 - as well as the examination 'telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule' - will take place as scheduled.
For the time being, private lessons will only be offered online. From 25 May onward, private lessons may be held either in class or online. We are also happy to welcome new course participants to register for individual courses in German, English, Spanish and Italian. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested.
For those whose registrations have already been confirmed, including all courses that are supposed to take place at our school, you will have the opportunity to change your booking to a later date (in 2020) free of charge. We understand that everybody is experiencing hardships at the moment and we want to make sure that our customers' interests come first.
All courses will be held in compliance with the existing distance and hygiene regulations that have been mandated by the Federal State of Berlin. As you can appreciate, group classes will have to be smaller than usual due to the distance regulations that have also been mandated. At any rate, our course participants will continue to enjoy all the advantages that a small group learning setting provides, while not having to pay any increased prices.
DIE NEUE SCHULE is undisputedly one of the leading language schools in Berlin for German courses. Every year, more than 1000 international students attend our school to take part in the wide range of German courses we offer.
Our courses are tailored to those who are looking to:
- Learn German every day in order to quickly enhance their knowledge in the German language. This is done through our intensive German courses that take place five days a week - with 20 or more lessons per week - in the mornings or afternoons. These courses prepare you for all our internal exams to gain official recognition and advance to the next language level in German.
- Eventually study at university in Germany. If this applies to you, then you are in very good hands with us. We offer a comprehensive TestDaF preparation course - as well as one of the preparation courses for the telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule exam - to optimally prepare you for these highly demanding exams. The telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule exam can be conveniently taken at our language school. We are ‘telc Kompetenzzentrum Hochschule.’
Moreover, we are happy to answer all your question about and competently advise you on studying in Germany.
- Keep up on your basic German language skills. If you already live or are studying in Berlin, but want to improve your German or just simply brush up on certain areas, we highly recommend taking one of our evening courses. On two evenings per week, you will improve your skills in a small group setting, where speaking and general language comprehension are emphasized.
Participants with previous knowledge and are at an advanced level can start one of these German courses every Monday. In order to place you in the right class that’s suitable to your current level of German, you can take our free online placement test at your own convenience.
- Learn German for the first time. Are you new to Berlin? German courses for beginners start at the beginning of each month.
Our language school has a team of friendly, experienced, and committed native speaking German teachers who will strive to fulfill all your expectations when it comes to language learning.
When it comes to our English, Italian, and Spanish courses, our classes are taught by friendly and experienced native speakers who put a key emphasis on speaking. After all, language comes from speaking and these classes will provide you with the opportunity to be corrected by a native speaker while also enhancing your skills in other areas.
Depending on your individual goals and the time you have, you can choose between the following types of courses:
- Intensive Courses: You will quickly establish a close relationship with the language as you rapidly begin to improve your language skills. If you have the opportunity to take a “Bildungsurlaub” (educational leave), our intensive courses are recognized in Berlin, Brandenburg and other federal states.
- Courses that fit your schedule: If you would like to attend a language course alongside your work or studies, then you can choose between weekend courses, semi-intensive courses in the afternoon, and a variety of evening courses.
Whether you take English, Italian, or Spanish lessons, all our classes consist of small groups with an average of three to five participants, allowing our native speaking instructors to provide you with the appropriate amount of attention that you need. We value your enrollment and strive to facilitate the best learning environment for you.
In order for you to feel completely at home at our language school and to take advantage of more opportunities to practice your German outside of class, we regularly offer an extensive cultural program that provides you with the chance to get to know other students while exploring all the cultural and historical wonders of Berlin. Our excursions and events are always accompanied by a German teacher, allowing you the opportunity to practice your language skills and directly apply them to real situations.
If you are coming to Berlin for an extended period to take part in our courses and need accommodation for your stay, we have several places that we can offer that are either near our school or can easily be reached by public transport.
We are located in the heart of the city’s charming residential district of Wilmersdorf, which boasts as being the home to some of the greenest and loveliest parks in the city. Two underground stations (U-Bahnhof Fehrbelliner Platz and U-Bahnhof Blissestraße), whose lines are major arteries of transport through the German capital, are just a stone’s throw away.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Test your knowledge of German.
Are you already registered for a course or would you like to register?
Or are you simply curious about the level of your language skills? You are cordially invited to take our free placement test.
The telc institute offers language examinations of the highest quality and enjoys international recognition.
As telc Kompetenzzentrum Hochschule, DIE NEUE SCHULE is an experienced contact for international applicants.
The Fachverband Deutsch als Fremd- und Zweitsprache represents the interests of all those active in research and teaching in the fields of German as a Foreign Language and German as a Second Language.
With the Bildungsprämie, many employees can take advantage of state support for language courses.
Educational leave (‚Bildungsurlaub‘) is the statutory entitlement to further training for employees during working hours.
Centralastudiestödsnämnden (CSN) is the Swedish authority that manages state financial support for students, including the financing of language courses.